One size doesn’t fit all…
Since 1997 our AP systems have processed well over 500 million invoices for customers big and small, across many industries.
We wanted better visibility and control over our financial transactions,”.
“With our eCom implementation, we got all that and more.”Mark Conelly, CFO, Crane Distribution
Our experience tells us that every customer has different requirements when it comes to AP Automation, so while a turn-key approach may sound encouraging, the gaps they leave cause inefficiencies. Not ideal.
With this in mind, we’ve built a super flexible AP framework from multiple implementations that includes the most common processes, the rest is configured exactly how you need it.
The benefit of this approach is a working solution that is built right, day one for your business, is best in class, is rapidly delivered with the lowest risk, and with the strongest ROI.
But don’t take out word for it…
“eCom’s efficient electronic expense process provides better cashflow management and many other improvements,”Mark Smith, General Manager, Financial Shared Services
Accounts Payable solutions usually fall into 2 categories…
Automate supplier invoice processing and receive all your invoices electronically, straight into your financial system – from day one.
Regardless of the finance or ERP systems you use, the size of your business or the capabilities of your suppliers, you can go 100% digital faster than you may think.
Our solution includes advanced paper or email invoice capture as well as an optional document management system linked to your repository to instant access and collaboration on invoices.
Full Automation with exception handling workflow
Statistics tell us that 15% of invoices have exceptions, but this equates to over 90% of the costs of running an Accounts Payable team.
However, Finance and ERP solutions are data-centric, not process-centric so there are significant gains in automating the downstream AP processes using specialised software designed specifically to manage errors, exception management and approvals.
Our framework includes the most common processes…
- Invoice capture exceptions (invalid supplier, invalid PO etc.)
- Automatic matching (within tolerances) and automatic routing
- Manual matching of PO based invoices (one to many POs)
- GL coding of non-PO invoices.
- Selective GL coding presentation based on user roles. (Translates to Finance system GL coding)
- Validates against an asset database
- Self-learning GL coding for repetitive invoices
- Automatic business unit assignment
- Approval framework (single level for PO, two or more levels for GL)
- Line level
- Delegation (out-of-office)
- Delegated authority (approval by admin or PA)
- Split invoices for coding
- Dispute framework for both PO and GL invoices at line level
- Automatic escalation
- Credit notes management
- Urgent invoices facility
- Workflow archive for auditing for compliance
- Messaging/event notifications
- WIP reporting with month end accruals
Anything else can easily be configured.
So regardless of where you’re at on your journey, we can help.